It’s time for some table talk! With Thanksgiving just days away, you’re probably checking off what you’ll need to prepare a proper feast (turkey, cranberries, sweet potatoes) that will make everyone happy (it can happen). At the Orchard on Catawba Island, our resident diva of decor, Dana Blumensaadt, who curates the beautiful home and kitchen merch lines found at the Farm Stand, reminds not to forget the table where family and friends gather. “How your table looks and feels adds meaning to the day,” she says. “Making it look welcoming is worth the effort and something we constantly practice at the Orchard.”
The Farm Stand at the Orchard on Catawba Island has an abundance of coastal, farmhouse and rustic fall and holiday décor for your table and home to make it feel fall festive and Thanksgiving ready. And as our staff begins to swap out the Thanksgiving theme for Christmas, all the fall décor is [75% the original price] including fall florals, to fabric pumpkins of every size, color and textures, napkins, beautiful beaded and heirloom ornamental dried corn, rustic pottery, vases and crocks, whimsical ceramic turkeys, candles with fall and Thanksgiving themes, tea towels, and more. (Not hosting this year? Don’t forget to gift the hostess and the cook.)
“I think there’s a difference this day between just ‘setting’ the table and setting the table,” says Dana. “One way makes sure everyone has a plate, knife and fork but the other makes sure that the table reflects the spirit of the holiday and sets the tone for the gathering, making everyone feel comfortable and welcome.” It says guests are worth the time and effort you put into making this gathering a memorable experience, from the meal to the table setting.
Now that you’re thinking how your table might look, Dana shares these few tips and thoughts to help you along. Be sure to stop in at the Farm Stand before Thanksgiving for even more inspiration.
1. Let your table reflect tradition and celebration. “Thanksgiving is that one holiday dedicated to gratitude, for family, friends, food and the opportunity to celebrate together. Go all out!”
2. This is your chance to show off your creativity and personal style. “Choose a theme, color and decorations that suits your personality and the theme of the day.”
3. Your table can be a canvas for displaying items that hold special meaning for you and your guests. “Grandma’s china, special centerpieces, floral arrangements and candles. Each helps reinforce themes of abundance, gratitude and the common threads that bring us together.”
4. Your table is about the details. “Create a place that encourages conversation, story sharing and invites people to linger longer around the table. It helps make and strengthen bonds among family and friends”
5. Setting a beautiful table can be a group effort. “It can be a fun and creative activity for a few or the entire family and makes them feel like they’ve contributed something important to the day.”
The Farm Stand retail store is open daily for all your shopping needs! Visit us Sunday through Thursday 9AM-8PM or Friday & Saturday 9AM-9PM. On Friday, November 24th, stop in to shop 20% off all retail (excluding Le Creuset).
Ørchard on Catawba Island is about an hour from Toledo and just over an hour from Cleveland. We’re on the way to the Miller Ferry and an easy stop whether you’re going or coming back. We are open daily at 8AM and invite you to join us for dining, wine, beer and cocktails, a wonderful shopping experience and a chance to enjoy the atmosphere of the grounds, from the orchard to the vineyard and all the feature we create to make your visit special. Visit us at 3350 NE Catawba Rd, Port Clinton, OH 43452.